BAMBUSA Bamboo Flooring is designed for easy easy maintenance and long-lasting beauty. However, to keep it looking best, follow these simple instructions for protection and care.
- Place a doormat at outside doors to trap sand and grit from incoming traffic. Place rugs in front of the kitchen sink, dishwasher, and toilet areas to protect the floor from possible water and detergents.
- Area rugs should be moved occasionally as they block sunlight and may give the appearance of discoloring under the rug.
- Keep the floor clean and use soft damping cloth to scrub the floor gently. Regularly sweep or vacuum the bamboo floor to prevent sand or abrasive dust from accumulating and scratching the finish.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Use floor protectors on the feet of furniture to avoid scratches. When moving heavy furniture and appliances, lift the furniture and use extra caution to avoid scratching, indentation and gouging.
- Keep pets' claws properly trimmed to avoid excess scratches and gouges.
- Keep proper room temperature and humidity level even when the room is not occupied.
- Never clean or wet mop your BAMBUSA bamboo flooring with water. Do not use wax, oil soap, or other household cleaners on your floor. The use of these products can dull the finish and make refinishing difficult. By doing so you will void your warranty.
- Avoid walking in spike high heelshoes on the floor because it may cause denting and related damage to bamboo floors due to the extremely high compressive force they generate.
- Proper care maintenance can extend the life of your BAMBUSA bamboo floor for many years; however, at some time a recoat or total refinishing may be desirable. Have a professional evaluate the condition beforehand.